A Reno Tale

Two years in the planning and we have FINALLY started.

Translate

Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 1

Yahoo!!
Long time in coming and here they are.  Will and Gabe first day on the job....smiling and I am smiling too but then I am still in fantasy land.



Where I figured they would be today is not where I expected, so a quick move out of the upstairs to the main floor and already I can't find things. 
As the bad weather is coming, they wil be working on the roof and my deck/kitchen area first along with the footings in the basement.  I believe more crew will be coming sometime this week and it will be full on. 

Matt the electrician came by to suss out things.  He found it rather amusing that we plan to stay in the house.  Why do they all say that?











Will has dug out two of the footings in the basement to check them out, as code as changed over the last 100 years, go figure. 
Unfortunately, the existing are only 12" x 12" and they are now to be 3' x 3'.  So all five posts need to be dug out. 














Gabe has started demo on the top floor in my kitchen area.  Note all of the shiplap siding.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers