A Reno Tale

Two years in the planning and we have FINALLY started.

Translate

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 2


Lots of banging and smashing this morning, sounds like a full crew when it is only 2 guys. Main floor kitchen going as I type, Will is having his way in there. Turns out the ceiling is dropped on the main floor and they are nine feet. Nice, but not sure if that is a good thing or not, as it was mentioned that it has to be all blown out now along with the demo budget. hahaha 






The fridge upstairs packed it in sometime in the night.  Which I am not too upset about, one more thing that can leave and I don't have to figure a way to get it out.  
Boy, what a racket going on.  As long as I have this little corner with the door shut I am okay.  Have my tv and internet and mattress on the floor, what more does a girl want. 

I am curious and interested and always fun to watch, but I don't want to be in their way. Stupid homeowner following them around and being a pain in the ass.  I will vacate for the day, which I am sure will make them happy, not that they would ever say anything. Too hard to do anything in the house while they are banging and smashing anyway so off to yogi class.




Have returned and it's great. Things are actually getting done.  Pretty good for one day and 2 guys.  However, there seems to be some complaining about how tough this house is to demolish and how it doesn't want to let go...mmmm
Long nails and lots of them.  Linda figures Mr B worked in a nail factory.









Yikes, doesn't take long to demolish a kitchen. Main floor kitchen and my barbie kitchen are no more.  Thank you.  This will now be my laundry room.










Main floor master bedroom en suite is no more



Looking towards the en suite from the master bedroom. There will be french doors at the end opening up to the back yard. This room is normally so dark so it will be a big improvement.















Main floor hallway.  Why didn't we move those cupboards out of there before?










Upstairs new kitchen area, wall has come out between the two rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers