A Reno Tale

Two years in the planning and we have FINALLY started.

Translate

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 3

Demo is full on, more of the same today.  I am still determined not to leave, so far so good. 
Now that we are into October, Will would like to get my deck going before the really bad weather starts, so work continuing in that area.  Wow, now that the 9 foot ceilings have been exposed on the main floor it is going to be something else. Will is happy to see that the beams in the ceiling of the kitchen are 2 x 8 since my deck will be above that. My kitchen and deck are above the main floor kitchen so both areas need to be gutted at the same time.  All I can say is that Linda is going to have one honking big kitchen.

The waste is starting to get to me.  Can't throw it all out, can we?  This house is something else.  Mr B was very much like my father, kept everything and reused what he could. Any work done around here is with whatever he had on hand. I have to admire the old guy, very resourceful. Crazy stuff though.





The cat may be a problem.  He is currently in the garage pouting and won't come near me.  He was unsettled all night, so may have to take him to boarding for a bit.  That isn't the greatest solution either as the last time I did that, he was more perturbed when I brought him home.  I am hoping if I have my room that will remain the same he will settle down.  Not so bad sleeping on the floor, not so easy to get off the floor, anymore.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers