A Reno Tale

Two years in the planning and we have FINALLY started.

Translate

Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 2 - Day 6

You may have noticed that the dates are goofy.  Started the blog about 3 weeks after  things began,  so I have some catching up to do.  It is Tuesday morning and the start of the second week.  I would say we are now at a point of no return. Will says it is a very interesting house to take apart..usually would be into framing at this time and they are still taking it apart.
Lots of action on my floor, the walls are pretty much blown out, unfortunately no bins today so lots of crap around.



Second bedroom top floor
Second bedroom looking the opposite direction.  The wall to the hallway has been taken out.  The existing stairs are somewhere in the middle.  This will be my living area?



The current entrance to the upstairs suite from the back yard.  The city will not allow us to use this as an entrance due to how close the house is to the property line.  We have 2' 6" and code requires 3' for emergency access.  So these stairs will be removed and I will have my entrance from the front.  Will would like to tweek the stair location as the current plans cut a big chunk out of Linda's living room, so this is all under discussion.  I am pretty resistant to any changes at the moment as Linda and I have discussed this house to no end.  Two years to be exact, but I will try to keep an open mind and we will see. Stay posted.





These planks were found on the floor in the crawl space upstairs. House has been put together with bits like this, whatever could be found and reused.
Misery Drug Stomach Stops and Constipation...












Good prop for Halloween

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers