A Reno Tale

Two years in the planning and we have FINALLY started.

Translate

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Week 7 - Day 28

Wednesday evening.
The boiler has shut itself off again. Ah ha ! I now know where the reset switch is. Went about my business in the basement and came upstairs later and the exhaust is blowing back into the house. That can't be good and Lord it stinks. 
All that can be done at this point is to push the vent farther through the window. This involved getting the oven mitts out, hot to the touch by this time, taking a mallet to it to flatten it a bit so I could close the window more.  Nothing like heating up the great outdoors. Also duck taped the holes along portion of the the vent that is still in the house. Taped vapour barrier over the window to try to help with the cold air and the fumes but it's still coming in.  We have decided to turn the thing off for the night just to be on the safe side.
Now I think he is trying to kill us.

1 comment:

  1. I think he is killing you, maybe it is a polite way of saying I THINK YOU SHOULD MOVE OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Followers