A Reno Tale

Two years in the planning and we have FINALLY started.

Translate

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Week 7 - Day 33

Wednesday
The heater from Will packs a lot of heat but is noisy, so I didn't want to leave it running all night and it was quite nippy in the basement this morning.  Cat isn't too happy about it either. There is nothing like a down quilt, however, and I am not talking about the cheapy ones, but the good stuff from Daniadown.  Grey or white goose down all the way, light weight but warm.  This is one place you get what you pay for.  I don't even notice the cold when I am under that.  Just can't stick out any limbs because haa chacha, it's freezing!
It has tried to snow today, the odd little flake, the forecast is for snow in the morning and then turning to rain. Typical Vancouver weather. I heard we set a record for how cold it was today.  I just realized I am talking about the weather a fair bit, but did I mention it is cold?
The doors are in so at least and that helps.  Power went out in the neighbourhood today around dinner time.  My first thought was 'what now?' as the breakers go frequently.  By chance I was on the phone making arrangements to go out to eat, so good timing and things were back on when got home at 9pm. Oh, and had to reset the boiler again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers