A Reno Tale

Two years in the planning and we have FINALLY started.

Translate

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Week 7 - Day 34

Thursday
Work on the new stairs have started. The original plan was to have them come up on the right side of the supporting wall in the middle of the floor.  You can see a bit of it in the left corner in the last picture. The stairs have now shifted to the left.   Pros and cons to this.  Main reason was to solve the problem of the stair well taking up too much room in the main floor living room. It also gives me more usable space around the opening, but the stairs now pretty much come up into my bedroom, so still trying to rethink things. As it has been pointed out to me, this will happen in old houses, compromises come up. It will be good, but sure isn't what I had first envisioned 2 years ago.
I will now have one bedroom, but I will still have use of the spare room on the main floor for guests.  With the new entrance they will be able to come upstairs without intruding on Linda's space.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Followers